Watch me make this live by clicking here.
Stand back … I can honestly say this is one of the most amazing things I have ever made. It astounds me that I did not discover this earlier in my life … you know all those times you sat hankering after a pizza but were just too lazy to call the pizza delivery guys. Well, now there is just no excuse. Just take a slice of whole wheat bread + roll it out with a rolling pin + brush with garlic and olive oil + fry in griddle pan + add your toppings + and bake! This takes just minutes to prepare and you can decide on what toppings you want…healthy or decadent…the choice is yours.
Just tell me this isn’t good? I know that you cannot beat an original Italian pizza base….you know the ones they make in Italy – but this is just as delicious, believe me. Just don’t tell Mamma!
- Pizza base
- 4 Slices of bread
- 2 Cloves garlic – grated
- 3T Olive oil
- 140g Ina Paarman Sundried Tomato
- 1 Small block of mozzarella cheese (this all depends on how much you want to layer on)
- Dried origanum (optional) – a very small pinch per “pizza”
- 8 Slices cooked salami
- Kalamata Olives
- 1 large onion – sliced and slowly fried in a bit of olive oil till golden brown
- To serve
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC.
- Take a rolling pin and roll the bread till flat.
- Mix the garlic and olive oil and brush the slices of bread with it.
- Fry each slice on both sides in a griddle pan tuntil the brown etching lines appear on your bread
- Take the sundried tomato and mesh it together with a fork. Smear the tamato on one side of the bread.
- Then add the mozzarella and all the toppings.
- Pop in the oven at 220ºC till the cheese in melted and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh rocket, basil, chopped chillies and always wash down your creation with a glass of good wine.