I have some wonderful memories of warm crumpets with melting butter and golden syrup dripping down the side. I used to scoff these up as a kid – so the other day I felt like baking a cake but when it came to it, I did not have the energy to go through all that kind of “baking” trouble – you know you get those days sometime 🙂 . Instead I decided to build a crumpet cake stack with caramel in between – you very well know by now that caramel is my downfall and is my ultimate sweet treat. To change the normal crumpet, I added some cocoa and a little vanilla essence.
So without baking for hours I presented my guests with these mini-chocolate-pancake-caramel-cakes and well … It was the best “bake” yet … sweet temptation at its best!
Watch me make this by clicking here.
- 1 Egg
- 30ml Sugar
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 125ml Milk
- 15ml Melted butter
- 250 ml Flour
- 2.5ml Salt
- 15ml Cocoa powder
- 10ml Baking powder
- ½ Tin of caramel
- Ice cream or cream to serve
- Beat the egg, sugar and vanilla essence together.
- Add half the amount of milk and melted butter.
- Add the sifted flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder to the egg mixture. Mix through.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a hot greased pan.
- Cook on one side and when air bubbles appear, turn with a spatula and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Stack with caramel generously smeared in-between the layers of crumpet and serve with ice cream or cream.
OOhhh My Greatness… This is pornography… you should be reported!!
W O W 😉
Holy crabnuggets! THAT LOOKS VERY JUM! Awesome recipe!
🙂 come and visit ladies x
Thanks for the great idea Jackie – i will try it the next time 🙂
Wowzer, that looks DELICIOUS!! Haha Sous Chef, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!
You can also make this in your snackwich toaster. Its yummy and the triangles look beautiful.
*wipes drool off her keyboard*