This deliciousness of a sandwich was introduced to me by my work colleague, the lovely American – Madeleine. I just love the combination of the fresh ingredients and the fantastic salad dressing that just lifts each bite. I realised once again how delicious homemade salad dressings are … and together with the coleslaw + chicken makes for a tangy-crunchy, rich-tasty, but above all healthy easy meal. For an even healthier option you can just grill your chicken.
What is also super is that you can use the coleslaw as a salad on its own – I added some fennel + flavourburst micro leaves + bean sprouts to give it extra flavour and crunch. This salad fits in perfectly with one of those impromptu braais that we so enjoy.
Watch me make this by clicking here.
- 4 Slices of bread
- 300g Crumbed chicken pieces / steaklets
- 50g White cabbage, finely sliced
- 50g Red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 Spring onions or salad onions, chopped
- 2 Baby fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 40g Mung bean sprouts or any sprouts
- 1 Red chilli, chopped
- 10 g Parsley, chopped
- 10g Flavourburst micro leaf salad (optional)
- Salad dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 10g Parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp Salt
- Large pinch of milled black pepper
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C and bake the crumbed chicken pieces for 20 minutes – or as per the instructions indicated on the packet.
- Mix all the coleslaw ingredients together.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and drizzle over coleslaw. Mix well and make sure you coat all of the coleslaw. Season to taste.
- Place the just fried or oven baked chicken pieces onto your bread and top it with the coleslaw.
- Note: I don’t butter my bread but you can if you want to.