Our next client function at dhk architects is a “burgers and beer” evening. I am not much of a beer drinker (that’s hubby’s department – I do love my wine way much more :-)) … but being the curious sort that I am I needed to establish what beer might go best with our burgers….
During the course of my tasting expedition, I eventually came upon an ale that seemed to find resonance with me and my palate. The ale was smooth and lovely and I decided to pair it with a chicken and minted pineapple burger. It was a perfect beer and burger combination.
The pineapple is definitely a good pairing with the chicken, with the mint lifting the whole dish to something that is both fresh and light … the Parmesan cheese gives it that rich salty flavour – without overpowering the chicken or pineapple.
This is really so easy to put together for a Friday evening spent with your besties. Just make sure the beer is cold… even better pop a few beer glasses in the freezer before serving the beer.
PS: I spoke to Boston Beers and they suggested you drink their Boston Lager with this specific chicken burger.
Watch me make these burgers by clicking here.
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Milled black pepper
- Burger buns
- Olive oil
- Mint, chiffonade
- Lettuce, thinly sliced
- Parmesan Cheese, shaved with potato peeler
- Baby tomatoes, sliced
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper and grill to taste on the braai or on a griddle plan.
- Paint some olive oil onto the hamburger buns and grill on the griddle pan.
- Cut your pineapple into small blocks and add the mint to make a salsa.
- To assemble: Generously add mayonnaise on the bun, add the lettuce, chicken, Parmesan and top it with the fresh pineapple mint salsa.