Summer is salad time. This is the most easiest salad but so packed with flavour because of the passion fruit dressing. I find the passion fruit lifts everything and the combination with the balsamic does wonders to the simplest salad.
leaf salad with roasted tomatoes + parmesan shavings + passion fruit dressing
- For Salad
- 1 Large packet of mixed salad leaves
- 30g Parmesan shavings
- For Roasted Tomatoes
- 200g Baby tomatoes
- 2T Olive Oil
- For Dressing
- 115g Passion Fruit Pulp
- 1T Balsamic vinegar
- ½T Olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- First preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Coat all the tomatoes in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the salad dressing, mix all the ingredients together.
- Put all the salad ingredients into a bowl and drizzle liberally with the passion fruit and balsamic dressing.
After a brief but blitzy gastronomic tour through Johannesburg this past weekend I returned home in need of something healthy – something green. So I made this delicious + scrumptious + sumptuous salad. It’s fresh and easy – just add all the ingredients in a bowl, sprinkle with some salt and drizzle with lemon infused olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I like to serve the baby marrows still warm from the oven and then all the other ingredients at room temperature. It’s crunchy, creamy, tangy and really splashy in flavours. Enjoy.
My favourite shades of green:
+ Irish colour green – I am married to a wonderful man of Irish descent … where everything from the Emerald Isle seems to be green;
+ The green of an olive;
+ The green colour of growing grass;
+ Lime green;
+ … and then the US Dollar green. 🙂
green salad + broken-cheesy-olive-melba-toast = fresh + sumptuous
- For baking the baby marrow
- 400 g Baby Marrows
- 2T Olive Oil
- For the broken-cheesy-olive-melba-toast
- Melba toast – decide how many you want – I like plenty
- Handful of green olives - chopped
- 100g Peppery Chevin goats cheese
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Other salad ingredients
- 250g Asparagus (I only had tinned asparagus but fresh asparagus will be first-class)
- 1 Handful pumpkin seeds
- 1 Handful pistachios
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Few sprigs of parsley – torn
- Lettuce of your choice – I like to use the frilly lettuce for this salad – it looks pretty
- Lemon infused olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Baking the baby marrow: Preheat oven to 180 °C. Coat each baby marrow with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and bake for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and cut length ways.
- The broken-cheesy-olive-melba-toast: Break the Melba toasts up into pieces. Mix the goats cheese, green olives and the lemon juice together and smear on each piece of toast.
- Making the salad: Mix all the ingredients together. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with some salt.
- Serve with love.