Melons are just amazing this time of the year and it’s such a versatile fruit that goes with salt, sweet and pepper. They are extremely beneficial to your health so simply make a point to stock up more often on this tasty treats.
Today, I just scooped out a sweet melon with an ice cream scoop and served it with a peppery rocket, a bit of mint and a mustard vinaigrette – these additions just enhance and bring out the already summer fresh flavour of the melon. It is light, easy and absolutely delicious!
Some Yellow and Orange Melon health benefits
1. Yellow and orange melons are packed with vitamins A, B-3, B-6 and C, potassium, dietary fiber and folate.
2. Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A, which aids in healthy eyes, skin and mucous membranes.
3. These melons are Carotenoid-rich foods and may help reduce your risk of macular degeneration, cancer and heart disease.
4. Carotenoids help strengthen the immune system.
source: health24 + livestrong
- 350g Melon
- Wild Rocket
- 5 Mint leaves – chiffonade
- Mustard vinaigrette
- 1T Honey
- ½ T White wine vinegar
- 1t Wholegrain mustard
- Scoop the melon out with an ice cream scoop. Mix with rocket and mint.
- Mix all ingredients of dressing together and drizzle liberally over salad.