Perfect with a cup of coffee for those puzzle building winter days!
Did you know that the “Much more munch” Lunch Bar was the top-selling chocolate in South Africa in 2017? I must say I find this chocolate treat a little hard but the “eye-popping” packaging and its size must certainly drive up sales. However, I am still in two minds – I normally go for a Crunchie or TV-Bar (the white chocolate one), but when I am hungry and standing in the chocolate isle I must confess I do go for the biggest bar (yes! 🙂 ) and that’s normally the Lunch Bar or one of those huge Bar Ones.
With a few Lunch Bars in hand I decided to make an easy five ingredient lunch bar treat. Not wanting to linger too long in making this, I decided to go the quick microwave route.
Easy way to break the Lunch Bars for the recipe: I wrapped the bars in plastic and gave them a good few whacks with my rolling pin.
- 250 g butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 40 g cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 300 g Lunch Bars of your choice (I used the white chocolate ones)
- Line a 20 cm x 20 cm pan or baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and microwave at 100% power for about 1 ½ minute or until melted.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa together and mix this in with the melted butter.
- Beat the eggs and mix this and the vanilla into the mixture.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and microwave for a further minute.
- Remove and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool. This is important otherwise your chocolate is just going to melt!
- Put the Lunch Bars in a plastic bag and whack these into crumbled pieces (not too small) with a roller pin. Test whether your chocolate mixture has already cooled down. It should not be too hot.
- Stir the broken lunch bars into the chocolate mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the baking tray and then place in refrigerator to cool completely before cutting into blocks.