Summer is salad time. This is the most easiest salad but so packed with flavour because of the passion fruit dressing. I find the passion fruit lifts everything and the combination with the balsamic does wonders to the simplest salad.
leaf salad with roasted tomatoes + parmesan shavings + passion fruit dressing
- For Salad
- 1 Large packet of mixed salad leaves
- 30g Parmesan shavings
- For Roasted Tomatoes
- 200g Baby tomatoes
- 2T Olive Oil
- For Dressing
- 115g Passion Fruit Pulp
- 1T Balsamic vinegar
- ½T Olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- First preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Coat all the tomatoes in olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the salad dressing, mix all the ingredients together.
- Put all the salad ingredients into a bowl and drizzle liberally with the passion fruit and balsamic dressing.
My husband, Rick, buys our weekly veggies on a Friday – yes, he does ladies … and there is always a surprise or two in the veggie basket for me … some exotic or peculiar addition to tickle my culinary brain. It’s kinda like a mystery box that I get to explore over the weekends. Last week, he walked in with a punnet of passion fruit. Passion fruit or granadilla as they are more commonly referred to in these parts is one of the most flavoursome of fruits and it takes something really simply to migrate it to an extraordinary level.
Curiosity got the better of me and did a little research on the World Wide Web… to my shock and horror it took me straight to a few porn sites! Clearly, these purveyors of porn were taking liberal interpretations of this innocently delicious fruit. I immediately closed my computer and ran to my fridge to cool down! As it would then happen, I had some Ricotta cheese in the fridge so I decided to mix the two – it set my taste buds racing. I loved it.
I dished it up in in the empty granadilla cups. Be tempted with these forbidden fruits, it is after all food porn – with no age restrictions.
passion fruit cups = food porn with no age restrictions
- 250g Ricotta cheese
- 20g Icing sugar
- 125ml Fresh Granadilla pulp from about 3 to 4 large-sized granadillas
- Scoop out the granadilla pulp, mix all the ingredients together…and put back into the granadilla shells. Put in fridge – serve cold…with a sultry smile.